Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Happiness 101

A few years ago I went on a weekend retreat, staying at a different location than usual. I found myself mumbling about what I didn’t like about the place; the skylight wouldn’t open, I was too close to the freeway, there was no direct access to the beach. 

After awhile, it occurred to me that I was staring out at the Pacific Ocean. I had an opportunity to go on retreat. The sun was shining and it was a beautiful day! Giving myself a proverbial smack on the head, I began a list of all of the wonderful things I had in my life, all the things I had that make me happy. Soon the list began to grow. There were some repeats, but I didn’t care. I just kept writing things down. By the end of the weekend, I had a list of 101 things that made me happy. 


This week, I challenge you to begin your own list of 101 things that make you happy. You don’t need to finish the list, but just get a start on it. Share your progress below. 

Take good care!




Please jump in and respond on this blog, by clicking the blue 'Post a Comment' link just below.

If you are new to blogging, here are some instructions. If you are the first leave a comment, it will say 'No Comments' - just click that link. If you do not have one of the listed accounts, please choose either Name/URL or Anonymous from the profile list before you click 'Post Comment'.

No comments: