Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Challenge Yourself

As I write about the impact of physical activity on happiness and mood, I want to share a personal experience with you. Most days I wear a pedometer tucked discretely into my waistband. One day last week, I noticed at the end of the day, I had walked over 15,000 steps. The next day, I made sure to do at least 10,000 steps.  The following day, I walked more than 10,000 steps again.

Hmmm...what’s happening here? I inadvertently created a challenge for myself.  This week, if you are up for it, try creating a physical activity challenge for yourself. For example:
  • If you usually jog for 20 minutes, try increasing the time to 25 minutes.

  • If you usually walk a block, try walking a block and a half.

  • If you generally garden or rake leaves for 15 minutes, try for 20 minutes.

  • If you have no physical activity in your life, try anything for five minutes.
Make some notes about how this feels. Share what you noticed below.

Take good care!




Please jump in and respond on this blog, by clicking the blue 'Post a Comment' link just below.

If you are new to blogging, here are some instructions. If you are the first leave a comment, it will say 'No Comments' - just click that link. If you do not have one of the listed accounts, please choose either Name/URL or Anonymous from the profile list before you click 'Post Comment'.

No comments: