Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Remembering Childhood Play

This month I am writing about the roll of physical activity to improve self-esteem, mood, and feelings of well-being. Physical activity may not be something you are naturally drawn to, but it might be helpful to remember activities from childhood that you did enjoy.

Here are some of my own examples:

Bicycling – I remember riding my bike everywhere and the feeling of “flying like the wind” down the street, my naturally curly hair frizzy in the humid summer evening.

Swimming – I remember the chill on my toes and up to my knees as I waded into cold lake water. 

Softball – I remember swinging and mostly missing the ball when I learned to play softball. 

This week, spend a few minutes remembering the play and physical activity of your childhood. See if it motivates you to get out and get moving. Share your experience below.
Take good care!




Please jump in and respond on this blog, by clicking the blue 'Post a Comment' link just below.

If you are new to blogging, here are some instructions. If you are the first leave a comment, it will say 'No Comments' - just click that link. If you do not have one of the listed accounts, please choose either Name/URL or Anonymous from the profile list before you click 'Post Comment'.

No comments: